Every web browser stores web pages, images and other downloaded content on the computer and speeds up access to sites by loading data from the cache rather than downloading it. You should periodically clear the browsers cache and cookies to allow your browser to function more efficiently.
Since every browser is different, the following sections will outline the steps involved in clearing the cache and cookies for those browsers which have been certified by PeopleSoft. USF IT PeopleSoft Support, along with the IT Help Desk, will support these browsers when used to access FAST/GEMS systems.
To clear cache, find your browser and version in the list below and follow the instructions. If at anytime you experience pop-up blocker issues, you can review the pop-up blocker configuration instructions by CLICKING HERE.
Note: Do not use Internet Explorer 10 with GEMS 9.2 because there is a known issue with Internet Explorer 10. It is recommended that Internet Explorer 9 or Internet Explorer 11 be used instead.
- Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon (located in the upper-right corner).
- Click ‘Safety’.
- Click ‘Delete Browsing History’.
- Deselect ‘Preserve Favorites Website Data’.
- Select ‘Temporary Internet Files’ or ‘Temporary Internet Files and Website Files’.
- Select ‘Cookies’ or ‘Cookies and Website Data’.
- Click ‘Delete’.
- Open Firefox, click the ‘History’ from the menu.
- Click ‘Clear Recent History’.
- Beside ‘Time range to clear’, select ‘Everything’ from the dropdown list.
- Click ‘Details’
- Select ‘Cache’.
- Select ‘Cookies’.
- Click ‘Clear Now’.
- Open Chrome, click the menu icon (located in the upper-right corner).
- Click ‘Tools’, then ‘Clear Browsing Data’.
- In the ‘Obliterate the Following Items from:’ dropdown list, select ‘Beginning of Time’.
- Select ‘Cached Images and Files’ or ‘Empty the Cache’.
- Select ‘Cookies and Other Site and Plug-in Data’.
- Click the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ button.
- Open Safari, click the ‘Safari’ menu.
- Click ‘Preferences’.
- Click ‘Privacy’ tab.
- Beside ‘Cookies and Other Website Data’, click button ‘Remove all Website Data’.
- Check ‘Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar’
- Click ‘Develop’ in Menu Bar.
- Click ‘Empty Caches’.